What is Creativity?
Who owns creativity? How do you measure it? These are some of the questions my colleagues pose. I have attempted a good think about it and realized those questions shouldn’t be the matter of discussion.
As stated by quite a few at the SenseWorldwide event and also across the world, I am sure many people believe creativity is inherent in every human. In my viewpoint Creativity is like Raw Energy. There’s nothing much you can do with it if it is latent. It has to be harnessed. And once harnessed, channeled through the right points (enablers) and then, used for outcomes which would ultimately be of benefit to mankind.
So the questions to ask end up being,
- How can it be harnessed in the first place and refined?
- How is creativity channeled?
- What’s the best way to do so?
- What are the enablers and disablers?
- What sort of outcomes do we expect from this harnessed creativity?